Continue to improve your football skills with Mr. Eddie and Mr. Diego
- 2 players
- cones (shoes or balled up shirts)
- football (generic ball)
- small ball
- Basic Passing/Receiving: Players will warm up by passing the ball back and forth. Players can be as far away as they want when passing the ball. Players should aim for the player’s chest, their right/left side and above their head.
- One hand catch: (Small ball or Tennis ball is ideal for this drill) the receiver will have their hands behind their back. The thrower will have a small ball and toss the ball in front of the receiver. The receiver will attempt to catch the ball with one hand. Receiver can use one hand 10 times and then switch or switch every other time.
- 1 Route:
- Receiver: Will run out 5 steps and take a hard cut toward the sideline (left/right depending where the ball is). Receiver should expect the ball as soon as he turns around. If the receiver reaches the sideline without getting the ball, the receiver will turn and run up the sideline again waiting for the ball.
- Passer: When the passer signals the receiver to go, the passer will take 2 steps back and throw the ball. The passer should aim for in front of or where the receiver is going. Passer can aim for the flat or wait for the streak.
- 3 Route:
- Receiver: Will run up 10 steps and cut in 3 steps and then cut out to the side line. Cutting in will make the defender think you’re doing a different route. Receiver should expect the ball on the way toward the sideline.
- Passer: When the passer signals the receiver to go, the passer will take 5 steps back and throw the ball. The passer should aim for in front of or where the receiver is going. By throwing the ball in front of or where the receiver is going, this will allow the receiver to catch the ball on the move and keep going without having to stop and wait for the ball.