Join Mr. Eddie and Mr. Diego as they teach you this easy circuit training workout
- Able bodies (solo or whole family)
- Mat or towel
- Something to lift (make sure to get parent approval on object being lifted)
- Right arm across your chest, using your left hand pull your right arm closer to your body for 10 seconds and then switch arms.
- Arms out to your sides and up like a cross, you’ll make 10 tiny circles with your arm. Then you’ll make 10 medium circles and then 10 huge circles.
- You’ll bring your feet together and you’ll reach for your toes for 10 seconds
- Next you’ll spread your feet apart and you’ll reach for your right foot for 10 seconds and then move to your left foot for 10 seconds.
- You will need to designate certain areas for certain exercises.
- Depending on how many people you have, one person can be on each station. You will have 30 seconds to do as many reps as you can and then you move on to the next station and repeat.
- You don’t have to do all 10 stations, they’re just different exercise options.
- 1st station: Squat
- Bending your hips and knees at the same time until the back of your thigh touches your calf or as far down as you can go.
- 2nd station: Lunges
- Take a big step forward with your right foot, keeping your left in place and bend your right knee until your left knee touches the floor. Come back up to standing and switch.
- 3rd station: Shoulder press
- Holding an object to your chest and lifting it up above your head. The object you choose to lift should not be very heavy and easy to hold on to. You don’t want it to slip and fall on your head.
- 4th station: Push ups
- Laying face down, placing your hands next to your armpits. You’ll push your body up keeping elbows close to your body and back flat.
- 5th station: Rest
- 6th station: Sit ups
- Lying on your back, knees bent either feet on the floor or up in the air. With your hands to your sides, you’ll sit up and reach as far as you can.
- 7th station: Jumping jacks
- Standing up, arms to your sides. As you jump up you’ll raise your hands up and clap them together above your head and feet spread apart. You’ll jump up again bringing your feet together and arms back down to your sides.
- 8th station: Butterfly kicks
- Lying down on your back, feet straight out. You’ll lift your legs up and alternate kicking them up and down.
- 9th station: Running in place
- Run in place.
- 10th station: Rest
- Find a seat on the floor or on a couch or chair. Make sure your back is nice and straight. Close your eyes with your hands on your lap. Take 10 deep breaths. Repeat if needed. You’re all done! Great job! Make sure you drink some water with a healthy snack!