- Use this chart to create your own Valentine’s Day themed story! You will need: dice!
- Roll a dice five times (just one, not the pair) Whatever number you get from your roll, look for it on the first column of this chart. Example: If you roll a 3 on your 2nd roll, the setting of your story would be Paris!
- Repeat this until you’ve rolled 5 times and have a character, a setting, an emotion, a prop, and a problem to solve!
- Example: On my first roll, I got a 3 (Cupid) on my second roll I got a 2 (a candy store), on my 3rd roll I got a 4 (strong), on my 4th roll I got a 6 (heart shaped locket) and finally on my 5th roll I got a 5 (I need the perfect gift).
- That means my story is: I am Cupid! I am in a candy store. I feel strong, but I have a heart shaped locket and I need the perfect gift! This could be that I don’t think the locket is good enough for whoever I’m buying the perfect gift for. Or the locket IS the perfect gift and it’s broken and I need it fixed! The locket could be a family heirloom, or a brand new necklace I got specifically for this person. So many options!
- When you’ve rolled 5 times, write your story out in a sentence or two like I did above. Use your imagination and think about who you are, why you may be here, and what you can do to solve your problem. Feel free to add onto your story with more detail!
- Share your Roll-A-Story in the comments!
|1st ROLL CHARACTER||2ND ROLL SETTING||3RD ROLL |
|4TH ROLL |
|5TH ROLL |
|1||HUSBAND||MOVIE THEATER||LOVED||BOX OF CHOCOLATES||SOMEONE IS LOST|
|2||WIFE||CANDY STORE||HAPPY||VALENTINES DAY CARD||YOU’RE RUNNING LATE FOR DINNER|
|3||CUPID||PARIS||RELIEVED||BOUQUET OF FLOWERS||YOU FORGET YOUR ANNIVERSARY|
|4||FAMOUS SINGER||RESTAURANT||STRONG||BALLOONS||YOU’RE FAR AWAY FROM HOME|
|5||APHRODITE||BEACH||CONFUSED||ENGAGEMENT RING||YOU NEED THE PERFECT GIFT|
|6||TEDDY BEAR||CASTLE||DEDICATED||HEART SHAPED LOCKET||YOU MEET SOMEONE NEW|