Learn how to make delicious easy mooncakes at home
*original recipe from https://foodisafourletterword.com/recipe
Freeze Dried Strawberries (½ a 2oz package)
1 family pack of Golden Oreos
1 8oz package of cream cheese
- Place your freeze dried strawberries in your food processor and blend until crumbles. Put the crumbles in a bowl and set aside.
- Add ⅓ of your cookies to the food processor. Then slowly add more until the entire package is crumbled.
- Cut your cream cheese with a butter knife into cubes and slowly add to the food processor.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and mix together until the cream cheese and the oreo crumbles are well combined. Place parchment paper on your baking sheet.
- Roll your mixture into twelve small dough balls.
- Coat your dough balls in the freeze dried strawberry crumbles
- Once all of your dough balls are coated in the freeze dried strawberries crumbles use your mooncake mold to press out your mooncakes. Place the dough ball into the mold and firmly press down, hold for about 30 seconds and unmold slowly,
- Continue creating your mooncakes until you have pressed out all twelve dough balls. Once all pressed out, place in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes to harden. Enjoy your mooncakes!