Create a fun and easy snack for your family & friends! Show us your rainbow skewers in the comments below
- Fruits and vegetables (different kinds in the colors of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Some ideas will be provided below)
- Skewer sticks
- Jumbo marshmallows
1. Gather and prepare all your fruits or vegetables, make sure to wash them. Below will be some ideas for each color. If you have whole fruits or vegetables make sure to cut them into roughly bite size pieces with your parent’s permission and supervision.
2. Pick your red fruit or vegetable and slide it to the top of your skewer away from the sharp edge.
Be very careful because the skewer does have a sharp edge which will help you add your fruit or vegetable.
Red fruit and vegetable examples: Red apples, Cherries, Cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, red bell pepper, tomato
3. Pick your orange fruit or vegetable and add it to your skewer.
Orange fruit and vegetable examples: oranges, mangos, carrots, papayas, orange bell pepper, apricots, cantaloupe.
4. Pick your yellow fruit or vegetable and add it to your skewer.
Yellow fruit and vegetable examples: banana, pineapple, loquat, squash, yellow bell pepper
5. Pick your green fruit or vegetable and add it to your skewer.
Green fruit and vegetable examples: green apple, honeydew, broccoli, grapes, avocado, green bell pepper, cucumber
6. Pick your blue fruit or vegetable and add it to your skewer.
Blue fruit and vegetable examples: blueberries, concord grapes
7. Pick your purple fruit or vegetable and add it to your skewer.
Purple fruit and vegetable examples: grapes, plum, fig, eggplant, prune, beets
8. Add a marshmallow to the end of your rainbow as your cloud. You may want to cut the sharp edge off of your skewer also.
Enjoy your rainbow fruit or vegetable stick. Let us know in the comments what fruits and vegetables you used and how it turned out!