Celebrate Earth Day with Ms. Heidi as she shows you how to make these delicious treats. In this recipe, Peeps candy and popcorn combine to make Peepcorn Balls!
- Blue and green peeps 3oz each color (can use different color peeps or substitute 3 oz of jumbo marshmallows and food coloring)
- Butter 1 tablespoon for each color plus extra to butter your hands
- Popped popcorn 3 cups for each color (try to use natural or lightly buttered)
- Microwave safe bowls
- Plate with parchment paper
1. Pop your popcorn
2. Open your peeps package and optionally remove the eyes to prevent color mixing
3. Add one tablespoon of butter to each 3oz color of peeps
4. Microwave your first color for one minute. The peeps will expand. Stir the peeps and if they are still slightly unmelted, microwave them again for about ten seconds until they are in a liquid form.
5. Pour three cups of popcorn into your melted peeps and stir so all the popcorn is coated
6. Heat your next color peeps in the microwave for about a minute. Stir and place back in the microwave for about ten seconds if not completely melted.
7. Add three cups of popcorn to your melted peeps and stir so each piece is coated
8. Let the coated popcorn cool slightly, but not harden completely, so it’s easier to mold. Butter your hands and pinch off pieces of each color to form balls. Keep adding small pieces of each color until you like the shape and size. Congratulations on completing your peepcorn ball in the shape of an earth!