In this activity, you will learn how to make delicious cookies for St. Patrick’s Day with cake mix!
Spatula or mixing spoon
Cooling Rack or large plate
1 box of white cake mix
Gel food coloring
⅓ cup of vegetable oil
1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put your cake mix into your mixing bowl
- Add your oil & eggs and mix with a spatula
- Add your pre-mixed green gel food coloring to the batter
- Add your green sprinkles & then your white chocolate chips
- Scoop batter onto your prepared cookie sheet, about the size of a gold ball. If you would like to make smaller cookies, scoop smaller amounts of batter.
- Add the cookies to a preheated oven to bake for 14 to 17 minutes. Your cookies should be golden brown underneath and slightly soft on top when they are done.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. They will be a lighter green than the batter, to make them a more vibrant green add more food coloring into the batter.
- Once cookies have cooled on the baking sheet, place them on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once completely cooled, enjoy your cookies