Have you ever played marbles? Learn how to play this classic game of marbles. Tell us if you win the game in the comments below.
- Marbles (if you don’t have marbles use pebbles and rocks)
- Chalk (stick, finger, string)
- A buddy
- First depending on where you are playing you will make a circle, where you are standing draw a circle around you so you can barely touch the line with your hand if you’re in the middle
- If you are playing on carpet use string
- If you are playing on concrete use chalk
- If you are playing on the dirt use a stick or your finger
- Next each player will go get 8 marbles, if you don’t have marbles go find 8 small rocks.
- Preferably the size of an eraser on a pencil
- After you both find 8 rocks each you will make an “X” in the middle of the circle
- Next both players will need to find their main marble which is used to hit the marbles inside the circle
- This marble should be about the size of your thumb
- After you find your main marble, players will play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who goes first
Taking a Turn:
- The player uses their shooter marble to take a turn.
- To shoot the marble typically a player will use their thumb to flick the marble from their hand putting their “knuckles down” onto the ground.
- The goal of each shot is to hit one of the marbles in the center and knock it out of the circle.
- If the player knocks a marble out, then they get to keep the marble for the rest of the game, they also get to take another turn.
- If no marble is knocked out of the circle, the other player then gets a turn.
- The first shot must be taken from the edge of the circle.
- If the shooter stays inside the circle, then the next shot can be taken from the spot where the shooter landed.
- The game ends when there are no more marbles in the circle
- The player with the most marbles at the end of the game is the winner.