Learn how to make delicious Rice Crispy Treats at home
Cake pan or casserole pan
6 cups of rice cereal
1 package of jumbo marshmallows
3 TBS of butter
- Melt your butter in a large pot
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows to the pot
- Constantly stir the marshmallows as the melt to prevent sticking
- Turn the heat off and place your pot of melted marshmallows on the counter on a cloth towel. Add the rice cereal to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Once the marshmallows and the rice cereal are well mixed, line the cake pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. You might need help with this step.
- With a second piece of parchment paper, place it on top of the rice/marshmallow mixture and press down to flatten the mixture into all corners of the pan.
- Leave the rice cereal/marshmallow mixture on the counter to harden for 1 to 1.5 hours. Once it has hardened, remove it from the cake pan and place it on a cutting board.
- Cut into squares and then place along the parchment paper that you cut it on. Using scissors cut around the rice crispies and then stack in groups of 3. Wrap the stack in plastic wrap. Congratulations you have created your own rice crispy treats.