Learn how to roast your own pumpkin seeds for a fun, simple and seasonal snack
Paper towels or kitchen towel
1 medium pumpkin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Take your pumpkin and carefully cut it in half. (Get parents permission before using a knife)
- Scoop out the seeds and place them in a large bowl. Save the rest of the pumpkin for making pumpkin puree!
- Place the seeds into a large bowl and separate the pumpkin guts from the seeds. Once they are separated, place them in a colander and rinse.
- With the seeds clean, place them on a kitchen towel or paper towels to dry. The seeds need to dry completely so that they roast up nicely.
- With seeds completely dry, place them back in the bowl and season them with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Spread the seeds onto the tin foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Roast the seeds into a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the seeds out of the oven and let cool.
- ENJOY your snack!