Learn how to make your own pumpkin puree for pies, cookies and more! Did you know that when you bake you can use pumpkin puree as a substitute for eggs?
Jars or containers
Food processor or blender
1 medium baking pumpkin
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Take your pumpkin and carefully cut it in half. (Get parents permission before using a knife)
- Scoop out the seeds and place them in a large bowl. Save the seeds for roasting if you would like.
- Place the clean pumpkin halves on to foil lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle each half with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place your seasoned pumpkin halves face down on your baking sheet.
- Place your pumpkin into a 400 degree oven for about 45 to 60 minutes. When you can easily put a butter knife into the pumpkin meat you will know it is ready.
- When the pumpkin is ready, take it out and let it cool for a couple of minutes
- After a couple of minutes, carefully scoop out the pumpkin meat into a food processor or blender.
- Once you have scooped out all of the pumpkin meat from one of the halves, blend it up in your food processor or blender. You do not need to add liquid.
- With pumpkin blended, place your puree into your jar or container. Repeat steps 9 & 10 for the other pumpkin half.
- You should now have 1 to 2 jars of pumpkin puree to use in your favorite pumpkin recipes! Enjoy!