- 2 pieces of paper
- 24 raw beans
- 2 markers
- Grab one sheet of paper and turn it hamburger style (horizontal).
- You will fold to the paper in half 3 times. You should be folding from left to right.
- At the folder, using a marker, draw a line from edge to edge. There should be 7 folds/lines total.
- Keeping the paper hamburger style, you will fold the paper 2 times from top to bottom.
- At the folder, using a marker, draw a line from edge to edge. There should be 3 folds/lines total.
6. Good Job! You created the bottom half of the checker board. Repeat steps 1-5 with the other piece of paper. That piece of paper will go on top of the first.
7. Next color the bottom left corner box. You’ll color every other square both vertical (upward) and horizontal (sideways) until your board looks like the one below.
8. Each player will get 12 raw beans, each player will color their beans with a marker. Make sure both players pick different colors so you won’t get your pieces confused.