Try out this fun game to practice addition or subtraction.
- A deck of cards
This game is played like the card game War but instead of the highest number played getting the card, you will need to be the fastest at addition to win the cards. This can be played with 2 to 4 players, or more but you’ll have to add very very fast. For a bigger challenge or to change up the game you can practice your subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Deal out the entire deck of cards to all of the players. Players need to have all of their dealt cards face down, no peeking at your cards.
- Each player will place a card face up in the center of the table or playing area.
- The person to add the card amount up and say the correct sum will get to keep the cards.
- Card numbers are the numbers shown on the card, if you have a face card they represent the number 10, aces represent the number 1.
- Repeat this until every card has been played in your hand.
- You win by having the most cards after all of the cards have been played.
*It is helpful to have someone be the referee to check math sums